At the risk of sounding negative, let’s just go ahead and admit that life is hard. That doesn’t mean it’s bad, but there are a lot of challenges! There are big ones, like managing relationships, learning new things, and overcoming difficulties. And then there are small, everyday ones, like trying to figure out how the heck to store the lids of your cooking pots.
That’s where life hacks come into play. It’s been a popular internet trend for a decade and a half. The term “lifehack” was first used in 2004 in relation to ways that computer programmers manage to bypass annoying or time-consuming programming steps. In 2005, the word lifehack was voted the second-most useful word of the year, just behind the word podcast.
Nowadays, the term refers to anything that, well, makes your life easier. This could be something that helps get around all the little daily challenges and frustrations we all have. Whether it’s how to paint your nails without having the polish run or making a grilled cheese sandwich in a toaster, life hacks are all about making your life better.
And everyone wants to make their life better, so settle in and read the 75 life hacks that everyone should know.
1. Fit two pizzas on one pan.
Lifebuzz Source: Lifebuzz
2. Expand your kitchen space with a cutting board in a drawer.
Cliq Studios Source: Cliq Studios
3. Test egg freshness by floating them in a bowl of water.
The Happy Chicken Coop Source: The Happy Chicken Coop
4. Use a cheese grater for cold butter.
The Bearfoot Baker Source: The Bearfoot Baker
5. Steam shirts with …well, steam.
Reader's Digest Source: Reader's Digest
6. Use a rubber band to grip a stripped screw.
7. Use command hooks to keep garbage bags from slipping.
Cnet Source: Cnet
8. Cool wine down with frozen grapes.
Spoon University Source: Spoon University
9. Make a makeshift corkscrew with a screw and some pliers.
10. Microwave two bowls at once.
Lifehacks Source: Lifehacks
11. Mount pot lids with towel racks.
Today's Homeowner Source: Today's Homeowner
12. Use a screwdriver if you don’t have a funnel.
13. Press a shirt collar with a hair straightener.
Mums Grapevine Source: Mums Grapevine
14. Supply a restless toddler with a box and crayons.
15. Use a pants hanger to consult notes while on the computer.
USF Encounter Source: USF Encounter
16. Remember that your fuel gauge points to the side where your gas tank is.
Allstate Source: Allstate
17. Use a shot glass to peel a kiwi.
Goods Home Design Source: Goods Home Design
18. Make a quick grilled cheese in the toaster.
19. Secure shirt buttons with clear nail polish.
20. Use a laundry basket for your toddler’s bath.
21. Leave a tea bag in your shoes to banish foot odor.
Apartment Therapy Source: Apartment Therapy
22. Disguise alcohol in this sneaky soda disguise.
Buzzfeed Source: Buzzfeed
23. Find a lost earring with pantyhose over the vacuum cleaner.
24. Hide money in an empty tube of Chapstick.
All Created Source: All Created
25. Organize your cables with toilet paper rolls.
26. You can charge your phone using a television.
Trip Advisor Source: Trip Advisor
27. Melt two pieces of soap together.
9gag Source: 9gag
28. Peel boiled eggs with ease.
Swiss Villa Source: Swiss Villa
29. Put a special character in your password.
Crambler Source: Crambler
30. Make sure your drink isn’t touched while you’re gone.
Lehigh Valley with Love Source: Lehigh Valley with Love
31. Make cleaning your microwave easy with a glass of water.
Steve Spangler Science Source: Steve Spangler Science
32. Mark the edge of your tape with a paperclip.
Thrifty Fun Source: Thrifty Fun
33. Keep your car doors safe in the garage with some pool noodles.
34. Use a shoe when you don’t have a cup holder.
Rennlist Source: Rennlist
35. Make sure you don’t hit your fingers with the hammer.
Make Magazine Source: Make Magazine
36. Use a frozen sponge in a plastic bag as an icepack.
The Kitchn Source: The Kitchn
37. Arrange your food to heat evenly in the microwave.
Appliance Video Source: Appliance Video
38. Reuse pant hangers as bag clips.
39. Line the bottom of the trash can with paper to prevent leaks.
Treading My Own Path Source: Treading My Own Path
40. Wrap your drink in a wet napkin for quick cooling.
John R. Leeman Source: John R. Leeman
41. Use duct tape to open a jar.
42. Use Coca-Cola to clean your toilet.
The Spruce Source: The Spruce
43. Put your phone on airplane mode to charge quickly.
WhistleOut Source: WhistleOut
44. It’s easier to reverse into a small parking spot.
Driving-Tests Source: Driving-Tests
45. Extend the range of your keychain fob with this odd trick.
Wonder How To Source: Wonder How To
46. Use a dustpan to fill a bucket with water.
Nordsland Source: Nordsland
47. Buff furniture with a walnut.
48. Use a shoe organizer for cleaning supplies.
Popsugar Source: Popsugar
49. Use a can opener on hard-to-open plastic.
YouTube Source: YouTube
50. Differentiate your keys with a coat of nail polish.
JewelPie Source: JewelPie
51. Shine your headlights with toothpaste.
Lifehack Source: Lifehack
52. Clean your faucet with a bag of vinegar.
DIY Network Source: DIY Network
53. Use a squeeze bottle to make perfect pancakes.
Two Healthy Kitchens Source: Two Healthy Kitchens
54. Dental floss is an easy way to cut a cake.
55. Use adhesive Velcro to keep your remotes within reach.
56. Keep your chargers in a glasses case while you travel.
57. Need an umbrella in a downpour? Find a bar.
Metro Magazine Source: Metro Magazine
58. Light a low candle with a dry spaghetti noodle.
Lifehacks Source: Lifehacks
59. Open a beer with an old bottle cap.
60. Keep pasta from boiling over with a wooden spoon.
61. Make storing meat in the freezer super easy.
Bluesticks and Gumdrops Source: Bluesticks and Gumdrops
62. Fix a too-short shower curtain with some extra rings.
Stay Dry Systems Source: Stay Dry Systems
63. If you’re traveling, buy one adapter and a power strip.
Anker Source: Anker
64. Remove pits from cherries with a funnel.
Cook Live Chuck Source: Cook Live Chuck
65. Store your pot lids on command hooks.
66. Use masking tape to help hang things on the wall.
Goshen University Source: Goshen University
67. Protect your hands with a soda bottle while cooking.
Garden Gate Magazine Source: Garden Gate Magazine
68. Improve the grip of a wrench with a coin.
Acme Tools Source: Acme Tools
69. Use vinegar to keep animals away from your trash.
Thrifty Fun Source: Thrifty Fun
70. Unclog your kitchen sink with a dishwasher tablet.
Bren Did Source: Bren Did
71. Clean window screens with a lint remover.
72. Deodorize your trash with coffee grounds.
73. Start a fire with potato chips.
74. Keep ice frozen longer with salt.
Woodchuck Cider Source: Woodchuck Cider
75. Eating an apple is a good substitute for brushing your teeth in a pinch.
Pantry Spa Source: Pantry Spa
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.