People in relationships change and so do their wants, needs, and dreams. That’s why we don’t see many teenage couples who last. But that’s not to say they can’t. Plenty of people remain happily married to their high school sweethearts years and even decades later.
Sydnie Haag recently tapped into that well of lasting love when she shared photos of herself and her husband on Twitter. One depicts the pair at prom, the other at their wedding. And soon thousands chimed in with their own side-by-side photos. Check out the 25 couples below whose bonds only grew stronger after high school.
1. Somehow this couple got more beautiful over time.Twitter
2. After nearly 10 years, they’re still going strong.Twitter
3. These two couldn’t stay away from each other if they tried.Twitter
4. Can you say soulmates?
5. This couple got married where the magic first happened.Twitter
6. “Prom vs. wedding. Bless that glow up.”Twitter
7. Same couple, same infectious grins.
8. “Prom 2014 vs. wedding in May.”Twitter
9. Her husband still gives her butterflies 31 years later.Twitter
10. Their styles may have changed, but the way they feel about each other sure hasn’t!Twitter
11. These cuties have barely aged a day.Twitter
12. Her radiant smile has only grown brighter.Twitter
13. Is it just us or are these two aging backwards?Twitter
14. Here’s one thing this pair has always had in common: amazing hair.Twitter
15. Time sure flies when you’re in love.Twitter
16. How lucky are these two to be celebrating all of life’s milestones together?Twitter
17. These two have somehow gotten cuter.Twitter
18. This is what happiness looks like.
19. This husband and wife have clearly been lost in their own world from the moment they met.Twitter
20. From high schoolers to newlyweds to parents-to-be, they’re in this together.Twitter
21. Her dreamy smile hasn’t changed a bit.Twitter
22. “2014 Senior Prom – 2017 Wedding Day.”Twitter
23. “Prom 2010/Wedding 2018.”Twitter
24. “Prom, wedding, maternity, and first family photos!”Twitter
25. After six years, she says he’s still “the man of my dreams!”Twitter
We’re definitely feeling the love. Here’s to many more years of happiness for everyone above who is defying the odds and making it over life’s hurdles with their partners.
Share this story with other couples who started out as high school sweethearts!